First verify the following:
- You are connected to the internet via WiFi or mobile data network and can access the Internet
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any 3rd party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application or an antivirus.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers).
Next, try each of the following steps to see if they resolve the issue for you at any point:
- Switch WiFi off, then on
- Try connecting to a different WiFi network or directly through a LAN cable
- Reinstall the Hotspot Shield Profile
- In the Hotspot Shield app, click the Gear icon > Re-install Profile
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install a new profile
- In the app, click the button to start the connection