First, verify the following:
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any 3rd party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application or an antivirus.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers).
Next, try each of the following steps to see if they resolve the issue for you at any point:
- Switch WiFi off, then turn WiFi back on.
- Try connecting to a different WiFi network or directly through a LAN cable.
- Delete the Hotspot Shield profile.
- Open System Preferences on your Mac device.
- Select Network
- Select Hotspot Shield
- Click on the minus sign at the bottom of the window " - "
- Click Apply
- Retest the connection by allowing VPN configurations