Before troubleshooting any connection issue, please make sure the following is true:
- Hotspot Shield is updated via the App Store.
- Your device is not jailbroken.
- Another app isn’t interfering with your internet settings—such as another VPN or firewall.
Important: Please let us know if you’re located in any of the following countries: Pakistan, Iran, Oman, Qatar, China, UAE, Saudi Arabia
If the above is true and you still can’t connect, please try the solutions below in order. If a solution doesn't fix the issue, try the next solution. Please reboot your device before trying the steps below.
Solution 1: Restart Hotspot Shield VPN.
- Open Hotspot Shield and tap connect off and on.
- Wait for Hotspot Shield to connect, it might take a few moments.
Solution 2: Turn Airplane Mode on and off.
- Go to your device's settings.
- Turn Airplane Mode ON and OFF.
- Open Hotspot Shield, and connect OFF and ON.
Solution 3: Change Networks.
- Connect to a different network such as another Wi-Fi connection.
- Check if Hotspot Shield can connect.
Solution 4: Reinstall Configuration
- Reinstall the VPN Profile.
- Turn Hotspot Shield on and wait for it to connect.
If none of the solutions above fix the issue, please submit a Technical request so we can investigate further.