Hotspot Shield has 2 modes available: Premium and Basic.
Here's how to install Hotspot Shield.
Hotspot Shield Basic Mode:
- Only US Virtual location is available
- Premium Payment Wall will display when accessing any streaming content such as BBC, Netflix, Hulu, Adult content, etc
- Is ad-supported and displays our sponsors' ads (banners) at the top of the browser on Android
Hotspot Shield Premium Mode:
- 70+ Virtual Locations
- Ad-free browsing
- Ability to link up to 10 devices to one Premium account
- Note: The 10-device limit is only available on new purchases made on the website after 10/16.
When you start Hotspot Shield for the first time, it will be in Basic Mode. You must sign in to your Premium account to enjoy Premium features.
In case you have had signed up for the Basic Mode, you can try a Premium account for free here.
|Features/Benefits||Hotspot Shield Premium||Hotspot Shield Basic|
|Virtual Locations||70+||1 (US)|
|Streaming||HD (High Definition)||SD (Standard Definition)|
|Dedicated Support Team||Yes - 24/7 Chat support and priority email personalized support||No, just access to FAQ's|
|Ability to link up to 10 devices to one Premium account||Yes||No, just 1|