Issue: I can't connect to Hotspot Shield on my iPad, iPhone, or iOS device.
How to connect to Hotspot Shield on iOS
Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
- You are connected to the internet via WiFi or mobile data network
- Your device is not jailbroken
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any 3rd party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application or an antivirus. Please go to the settings in your iOS device and tap VPN. For testing purposes, please delete all profiles including Hotspot Shield and Personal VPN profiles by tapping the I next to the VPNs. Don't worry these will reinstall when you start the VPN. Please retest by opening Hotspot Shield and reinstalling the profile.
- Please kill the app and clear any other apps in the background by sliding up on your iOS device to view all apps in the background. Follow this link for a visual guide.
- You are running iOS 12.0 or above
- You have the current version installed
Next, follow the steps below:
- Turn on Hotspot Shield
- Switch Airplane Mode ON and OFF
- Reinstall the Hotspot Shield Profile
- In the Hotspot Shield app, tap Settings > Re-install Profile
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install a new profile
- In the app, turn on Hotspot Shield