There are a few reasons for Hotspot Shield you could have connection issues with Hotspot Shield on a Mac.
Below are some of the most common issues that affect only Mac Apps devices.
User has two or more VPN/Proxy applications installed: When you have more than one VPN/Proxy application installed on your machine, both of them try to configure settings to connect to their respective servers. Due to this, settings will not be configured properly for one or both of the applications, and one or both of them will fail. Always make sure you are only running one Proxy/VPN application at a time. This includes any browser extensions such as Ghostery.
A firewall with strict settings configured can prevent connectivity to the Hotspot Shield servers. You should disable your firewall settings on both your device as well as the network your connecting to if you have customer firewalls in place.
An antivirus could also interfere by blocking the Hotspot Shield application. For testing purposes, you should disable your antivirus software or remove the program completely.
If none of the factors above applies to you, please delete your browser's cookies and cache:
* Chrome: Chrome menu>Preferences>Show Advanced Settings>Clear Browsing Data
* Safari: Safari menu>Preferences>Privacy>Remove All Website Data
* Firefox: Firefox menu>Preferences>Privacy>Remove individual cookies
After clearing your browser's cookies and cache, please switch your DNS server on your Mac OS X:
1. You’ll need to first head into the **System Preferences**
2. Click on the **Network** icon
3. Select your network card on the left and then select the **Advanced** button near the bottom right corner
4. Once you’re there, switch over to the **DNS** tab, and you can start adding in DNS entries into the list. If you see entries that are grayed out, just ignore them, and click the + symbol at the bottom and add the following two items to the list and try to connect: 126.96.36.199 and 188.8.131.52
If you have removed all other VPN/Proxy applications and you are still not able to connect, you may want to go to the Network preferences, delete the Internet service that you are currently using and then add it again.
Select the Internet interface you are using.
Click the Minus button. This will remove the selected interface.
Now click the Plus button and choose the interface that you want. to add.
If the steps provided don't work please submit a request here.