To access BBC iPlayer we have some steps to help troubleshoot this issue for you, but before doing so we want to make sure you can verify the following information:
- You are logged into a Premium Hotspot Shield account, and you have an active BBC Player subscription.
- Verify that your IP address when connected to Hotspot Shield is the proper country you had selected on the application. You can locate your IP address here.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers.)
- Turn off location services.
- For iPhones and iPads, see: How to Turn off Location Services On iOS
Now that you have verified the information above let us continue with some troubleshooting steps.
- Close Hotspot Shield and BBC iPlayer apps completely.
- For iOS use this guide to restart the app.
- After closing both apps, please proceed to clear your cache app data, please keep in mind that you will have sign back into your BBC iPlayer app after this process.
- For iOS to clear your app data please follow this guide.
- Turn Hotspot Shield back on and connect to the desired virtual location. Sign in to BBC iPlayer and start viewing.
- If steps 1-3 did not work please try disconnecting Hotspot Shield, clear your apps data again, and reconnect to Hotspot Shield but this time select a city or another Virtual location.
- Ex. If you are trying to access BBC iPlayer please connect to a UK city and retest.
Follow the steps below to clear the cache if you are using a browser.