To access BBC iPlayer we have some steps to help troubleshoot this issue for you, but before doing so we want to make sure you can verify the following information:
- You are logged into a Premium Hotspot Shield account, and you have an active BBC Player subscription.
- Verify that your IP address when connected to Hotspot Shield is the proper country you had selected on the application. You can locate your IP address here.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers.)
- Turn off location services.
- For iPhones and iPads, see: How to Turn off Location Services On iOS
Now that you have verified the information above let us continue with some troubleshooting steps.
- Close Hotspot Shield and BBC iPlayer apps completely.
- For iOS use this guide to restart the app.
- After closing both apps, please proceed to clear your cache app data, please keep in mind that you will have to sign back into your BBC iPlayer app after this process.
- For iOS to clear your app data please follow this guide.
- Turn Hotspot Shield back on and connect to the desired virtual location. Sign in to BBC iPlayer and start viewing.
- If steps 1-3 did not work please try disconnecting Hotspot Shield, clear your app's data again, and reconnect to Hotspot Shield but this time select a city or another Virtual location.
- Ex. If you are trying to access BBC iPlayer please connect to a UK city and retest.
Follow the steps below to clear the cache if you are using a browser.