- Go to https://www.hotspotshield.com/ and click on Account. Enter your credentials if prompted.
- Go to https://account.pango.co/app/router
Select location and pick the virtual location that the router will use. Now click on “Download file”. The configuration file (config.ovpn) will be downloaded to your computer.
- In the separate browser window, login to the Control Panel of your router from your browser.
For most routers, enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
Note: The user name and password for your router are different from the credentials you obtained from the Hotspot Shield account page.
- In Control PaneI, go to VPN -> OpenVPN Client menu. Then, click on Add a New OpenVPN Configuration button:
In the opened window, you need to upload .ovpn configuration file downloaded in step 2.
- Description: It's a good idea to name the connection with the virtual location that you are using.
- Go back to the Link router page https://account.pango.co/app/router# and copy the username and password. The easiest way is to click on the copy link.
Paste Username and Password into the router and hit submit
Once the upload is successful fill in the following fields:
You can now click Connect button to start VPN connection.
When data is sent/received, you are connected.
When you enabled the VPN but for some reason, VPN cannot connect to the server, there will be no Internet in your network. Some reasons when VPN might not be able to establish a successful connection are:
- Your ISP does not allow VPN to be enabled Leased equipment, firewall, etc.)
- Your Premium subscription has ended
- Our server is unavailable for a particular virtual location
Restore your previous settings
If you need to turn off the VPN, go back to the control panel on the router and select the Sevices tab and then the VPN tab. Disable the VPN client.