Go to https://www.hotspotshield.com/ and click on Account. Enter your credentials if prompted.
- Go to https://account.pango.co/app/router
Select location and pick the virtual location that the router will use. Now click on “Download file”. The configuration file (config.ovpn) will be downloaded to your computer.
- In the separate browser window, login to the Control Panel of your router from your browser.
For most routers, enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
Note: The user name and password for your router are different from the credentials you obtained from the Hotspot Shield account page.
- In the Tomato Control panel, go to “VPN tunneling“ and then select the“OpenVPN Client“ menu
- Open up up the config.ovpn in a text editor and copy the Server Address
- Paste the Server Address in the router control panel.
- Go back to the Link router page https://account.pango.co/app/router# and copy the username and password. The easiest way is to click on the copy link.
- Paste them into the router configuration
Select “Advanced” tab and copy/paste the following parameters into the Custom Configuration field as shown in the screenshot below:
Once you pasted this section, replace [server_name] with the name of the server you used for Server Address in the Basic tab (just copy/paste it here)
10. Select “Keys“ tab, where you will need to perform the following operations:
Open configuration file, copy the section between <ca> </ca> tags (do not copy <ca> tags) and paste it into Certificate Authority field.
Copy the section between <cert> </cert> tags from config file into Client Certificate field
Copy the section between <key> </key> tags from config file into Client Key field
11. Scroll down and click Save.
12. To start connection through VPN, click “Start Now” button. In order to check if you have connected successfully please visit Status tab.
When you enabled the VPN but for some reason, VPN cannot connect to the server, there will be no Internet in your network. Some reasons when VPN might not be able to establish a successful connection are:
- Your ISP does not allow VPN to be enabled Leased equipment, firewall, etc.
- Your Premium subscription has ended
- Our server is unavailable for a particular virtual location
Restore your previous settings
If you need to turn off the VPN, go back to the control panel on the router and select the Sevices tab and then the VPN tab. Disable the VPN client.