- Go to https://www.hotspotshield.com/ and click on Account. Enter your credentials if prompted.
- Go to https://account.pango.co/app/router
Select location and pick the virtual location that the router will use. Now click on “Download file”. The configuration file (config.ovpn) will be downloaded to your computer.
- In the separate browser window, login to the Control Panel of your router from your browser.
For most routers, enter 192.168.1.1 in the address bar.
Note: The user name and password for your router are different from the credentials you obtained from the Hotspot Shield account page.
- Navigate to the Setup tab and disable IPV6.
- Click Save and then click Apply Settings.
- Select the Services tab then the VPN tab
Enable OpenVPN Client and make sure that OpenVPN Server/Daemon is disabled.
- Open the configuration file (config.ovpn) with a text editor that you downloaded from HSS Account page.
- Copy server name (after remote …… .us) from the config.ovpn file and paste it into the Server IP/Name field
- Enter the following information into the router:
- Enter 8041 into the Port field
- Tunnel Device = TUN
- Tunnel Protocol = UDP
- Encryption Cipher = AES-256 CBC
- Hash Algorithm = SHA256
- Enable User Pass Authentication and copy/paste
- Go back to the Link router page https://account.pango.co/app/router# and copy the username and password. The easiest way is to click on the copy link.
- Then paste it into the username field in the router.
- Enable Advanced Options and make sure that:
- TLS Cipher = None;
- LZO Compression = No
- NAT = enabled;
- Firewall Protection = enabled;
- IP Address and Subnet Mask are blank;
- Tunnel MTU settings = 1500
- Tunnel UDP Fragment is blank;
- In the Additional Config field, copy/paste the following:
verify-x509-name server_name name
- Open configuration file, copy the section between <ca> </ca> tags (do not copy <ca> tags) and paste into CA Cert field.
- Public Client Cert - copy the section between <cert> </cert> tags from config file into this field
- Private Client Key - copy the section between <key> </key> tags from config file into this field;
- Click Save and then Click Apply Settings
- To verify connection, go to Status -> OpenVPN tab and make sure that Client is Successfully Connected.
When you enabled the VPN but for some reason, VPN cannot connect to the server, there will be no Internet in your network. Some reasons when VPN might not be able to establish a successful connection are:
- Your ISP does not allow VPN to be enabled Leased equipment, firewall, etc.)
- Your Premium subscription has ended
- Our server is unavailable for a particular virtual location
Restore your previous settings
If you need to turn off the VPN, go back to the control panel on the router and select the Sevices tab and then the VPN tab. Disable the VPN client.
Please, contact our customer support team to help you troubleshoot connection issues.