Issue: I can’t connect to Hotspot Shield on my TV. I click “Connect” and it just spins, or it connects briefly and then disconnects.
How To Fix Connection Issues
To help determine what's causing Hotspot Shield to disconnect, please ensure the following:
- Your Android is not rooted
- You don't have a firewall with strict settings
- You don't have another VPN app installed
If you’ve determined that neither of the above is true, move on to the next step.
Many common problems like this can be fixed by clearing the cache and data.
How to clear the cache
- Open “Settings” on your Android device
- Find “Applications”
- Select “Hotspot Shield”
- Tap “Storage”
- Select both “Clear Cache” as well as “Clear Data”
- Reboot your device and launch Hotspot Shield again