Issue: I can’t connect to Hotspot Shield on my TV. I click “Connect” and it just spins, or it connects briefly and then disconnects.
How to fix connection issues
To help determine what's causing Hotspot Shield to disconnect, please ensure the following:
- Your Android is not rooted
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any 3rd party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application or an antivirus.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
If you’re done with the above, move on to the next step.
Force stop the application
Go to Settings > Applications > Manage installed Applications > Scroll to Hotspot Shield > Select Force stop
If that doesn't work, many common problems like this can be fixed by clearing the cache and data.
How to clear the cache
- Open “Settings” on your Android device
- Find “Applications”
- Select “Hotspot Shield”
- Tap “Storage”
- Select both “Clear Cache” as well as “Clear Data”
- Reboot your device and launch Hotspot Shield again