If Hotspot Shield VPN isn’t working with CBS All Access (i.e. you’re trying to watch CBS All Access, but the website or app knows you’re using a VPN, or you can’t connect to CBS All Access, or CBS All Access is slow while using Hotspot Shield VPN), follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Check to see if you’re signed into Hotspot Shield Premium, and the VPN is on
Please verify the following information:
- I have a Hotspot Shield Premium subscription
Access to CBS All Access is a Hotspot Shield Premium feature. Make sure you’re subscribed and logged in so that you can select different server locations. If you don’t have a Premium account, subscribe here.
- I’m signed in to my Premium account
Check if you’re signed in to your Premium account. To do this, open the app, select the hamburger menu near the top left corner of the screen and select “Account.”
- Hotspot Shield is turned on
To ensure that Hotspot Shield VPN is on and running in the background, you’ll see the timer counting upward from within the connect button, and you’ll be able to view and change server locations.
Step 2: Ensure that you’re connected to the correct virtual location
If you can say “yes” to all of the above questions, but you’re still having trouble watching CBS All Access with your VPN, follow the instructions below:
- Ensure that you’re connected to Hotspot Shield VPN servers in the US by selecting the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of “Server location:” and choosing “United States”
- Go to itv.com or open the application and sign in to your CBS All Access account
- Try watching CBS All Access
Step 3: Close Hotspot Shield, CBS All Access, and clear your cache
- Disconnect Hotspot Shield VPN and close the application
- Sign out of your CBS All Access account and close your web browser
- Clear your browser's cookies and cache. Learn how to do this here: how to clear cookies and cache?
- Open the Hotspot Shield application again and turn the VPN ON
- Go to https://www.cbs.com/all-access/, or open the application and sign in to your CBS All Access account
- Try watching CBS All Access again