Directions for updating the Hotspot Shield VPN for Windows differ depending on where you downloaded the app (i.e. if you downloaded Hotspot Shield VPN from the Windows Store as opposed to www.hotspotshield.com).
Read below to learn how to update Hotspot Shield VPN for Windows.
I downloaded Hotspot Shield VPN from the Windows Store:
For Windows 10
- Click the Start screen, then select Microsoft Store, under “Explore”
- On the upper right-hand corner of the screen, select the account menu (the three dots) and then click Settings
- Under App updates, set Update apps automatically to On
For Windows 8.1 and Windows RT 8.1
- On the Start screen, select Store
- Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then click Settings
(If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, and then click Settings)
- Tap or click App updates
- Make sure Automatically update my apps is set to Yes
I downloaded Hotspot Shield VPN from www.hotspotshield.com:
If you downloaded the app from www.hotspotshield.com, the software will automatically upgrade to the latest version when it becomes available, usually within the first week or two from the release.
Still experiencing an issue?
To access live chat, log in to your Premium account