Issue: I'm trying to watch the BBC, but I get the error message, “BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.”
Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- That you are logged into your Hotspot Shield Premium account. If you don’t have a Premium account, select one here.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
- Below are the steps to log in. Open the app, select icon that is on the left side of the screen. Make sure that under type it states Premium.
- Select the United Kingdom virtual location.
Clear your browser's cache. You may be wondering why we ask to clear your browser's cache and we have a couple of reasons for this.
- The browser you use occasionally mismanages the accumulated cache or data when visiting a site. Some sites you are trying to visit may slow down or not appear at all due to this.
- The cache can also be used as a way to store your private data, so it is always best to store less of it given the chance.
Follow the steps below to clear the cache on your browser type.
Enjoy watching the BBC using Hotspot Shield.