Issue: I'm trying to watch BBC, but I get the error message, “BBC iPlayer only works in the UK. Sorry, it’s due to rights issues.”
Before we troubleshoot, please verify the following:
- Access to BBC iPlayer is a Hotspot Shield Premium feature. Make sure you’re subscribed and logged in so that you can select Virtual Locations. If you don’t have a Premium account, select one here.
- Check if you’re signed into your Premium account. To do this, open the app, select the 3 horizontal lines near the top left corner of the screen, and go to “Account.”
- Verify that the virtual location is the United Kingdom.
- Ensure that you have the latest version of the application.
Clear your browser's cookies and cache
- For Chrome, select in the upper hand corner of the browser.
- Pick “More Tools”
- Now select “Clear Browser Data…”
- Time range All time
- Cookies and other site data