Issue: I'm trying to watch Netflix, but the website or application knows that I'm using a VPN.
Before we troubleshoot, please verify the following:
- Access to Netflix is a Hotspot Shield Premium feature. Make sure you’re subscribed and logged in so that you can select Virtual Locations. If you don’t have a Premium account, select one .
- Check if you’re . To do this, open the app, select the 3 horizontal lines near the top left corner of the screen, and go to “Account.”
Make sure Hotspot Shield is turned on
1. Select any of the virtual locations from the drop down menu. We recommend using servers that are closest to you for the best connection speed and stability:
- To connect to Netflix U.S., choose any of our servers in the U.S.
- To connect to Netflix CA, choose Canada.
- To connect to Netflix U.K., choose United Kingdom.
- To connect to Netflix AU, choose Australia.
2. Clear your browser's cookies and cache ()
3. Go to Netflix.com or their application and sign in to your Netflix account.
If the steps above don't work, contact our support team. On the main screen select help in the upper right hand of the screen. Under the section "Can't access web/app" pick "Other Issue". At the bottom of the article click on the button "Contract Support".