If the installer hangs when the client is being installed - don't panic. There are ways to solve this problem.
- Reboot the computer and try installing again
- If the error returns, attempt to find any applications currently running and close them
- If unable to find an application running updates, open Task Manager and navigate to the "Processes" tab
- Select "Show processes from all users" if it is not already.
- Locate and end any "MSIExec.exe" entries you see.
If the previous steps did not resolve the problem, can the customer install something else on the device? Ask the customer to install another application like notepad++ or 7zip on the computer. Remember that they can uninstall the application if they don't want the app.
At this point escalate the ticket and include the troubleshooting information.