If Hotspot Shield VPN isn’t working with Hulu (i.e. you’re trying to watch Hulu, but the website or app knows you’re using a VPN, or you can’t connect to Hulu, or Hulu is slow while using Hotspot Shield VPN), follow the instructions below.
- I have a Hotspot Shield Premium subscription
Access to Hulu is a Hotspot Shield Premium feature. Make sure you’re subscribed and logged in so that you can select different server locations. If you don’t have a Premium account, subscribe here.
- I’m signed in to my Premium account
Check if you’re signed in to your Premium account. To do this, open the app, select the hamburger menu near the top left corner of the screen , and select “Account.”
- Hotspot Shield is turned on
To ensure that Hotspot Shield VPN is on and running in the background, you’ll see the timer counting upward from within the connect button, and you’ll be able to view and change server locations.
Step 2: Ensure that you’re connected to the correct virtual location
- Ensure that you’re connected to Hotspot Shield VPN servers in the US by selecting the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of “Server location:” and choosing “United States”
- Go to itv.com or open the application and sign in to your Hulu account
- Try watching Hulu
- Disconnect Hotspot Shield VPN and close the application
- Sign out of your Hulu account and close your web browser
- Clear your browser's cookies and cache. Learn how to do this here: how to clear cookies and cache?
- Open the Hotspot Shield application again and turn the VPN ON
- Go to https://www.hulu.com/, or open the application and sign in to your Hulu account
- Try watching Hulu again
Still experiencing an issue?