If Hotspot Shield VPN isn’t working with Amazon Prime Video (i.e. you’re trying to watch Amazon Prime Video, but the website or app knows you’re using a VPN, or you can’t connect to Amazon Prime Video, or Amazon Prime Video is slow while using Hotspot Shield VPN), follow the instructions below.
Step 1: Check to see if you’re signed into Hotspot Shield Premium, and the VPN is on
Please verify the following information:
- I have a Hotspot Shield Premium subscription
Access to Amazon Prime Video is a Hotspot Shield Premium feature. Make sure you’re subscribed and logged in so that you can select different server locations. If you don’t have a Premium account, subscribe here.
- I’m signed in to my Premium account
Check if you’re signed in to your Premium account. To do this, open the app, select the hamburger menu near the top left corner of the screen, and select “Account.”
- Hotspot Shield is turned on
To ensure that Hotspot Shield VPN is on and running in the background, you’ll see the timer counting upward from within the connect button, and you’ll be able to view and change server locations.
Step 2: Ensure that you’re connected to the correct virtual location
If you can say “yes” to all of the above questions, but you’re still having trouble watching Amazon Prime Video with your VPN, follow the instructions below:
- Ensure that you’re connected to Hotspot Shield VPN servers in the US by selecting the dropdown menu on the right-hand side of “Server location:” and choosing “United States”
- Sign in to your Amazon Prime Video account
- Try watching Amazon Prime Video
Step 3: Close Hotspot Shield, Amazon Prime Video, and clear your cache
- Disconnect Hotspot Shield VPN and close the application
- Sign out of your Amazon Prime Video account and close your web browser
- Clear your browser's cookies and cache. Learn how to do this here: how to clear cookies and cache?
- Open the Hotspot Shield application again and turn the VPN ON
- Go to https://www.primevideo.com/, or open the application and sign in to your Amazon Prime Video account
- Try watching Amazon Prime Video again