Issue: I'm trying to watch Amazon Prime, but the website or application says that I'm not in the right country.
How To Watch Amazon Prime Using Hotspot Shield
Important: Amazon Prime has a limited amount of titles which are available outside of the US. If you have an Amazon Prime account that was started in another country, Amazon can recognize you based on your account information and won't log you into another country. Make sure your account details (country, zip code, etc.) match the Amazon Prime site you are trying to access.
First, please make sure of the following:
1. You are logged into your paid, Premium subscription on Hotspot Shieldso that you can change your Virtual Location.
2. You are running the latest version of Hotspot Shield on your device.
3. Your internet connection is fast enough to stream video.
4. You have turned off Location Services on your mobile device, as follows:
- For Android, go to SETTINGS>LOCATION on your phone and toggle the location switch to OFF.
- For iPhones and iPads, see: How to Turn off Location Services On iOS
If you are watching through the app, please delete your app data as follows:
If you are using Chrome, please clear your browser's data using the links or steps below.
- At the top right of your Chrome browser, click “More Tools” and then “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Select "All Time."
- Check the boxes next to "Cookies and Other Site Data" and "Cached Images and Files."
- Click “Clear Data.”
- Restart your device
After rebooting, please try to access Amazon Prime again.
- Reconnect to Hotspot Shield and log into your account.
- Ensure the app says “Premium” and not “Free."
- Change to a United States Virtual Location and try accessing your content again.
Please do not go back to Amazon without Hotspot Shield turned on. This will ensure that your real IP address will not be saved.
Because IP addresses are randomly assigned through our servers, another potential workaround is to disconnect and reconnect to until you acquire a different IP range. You can check your IP address at http://www.whatsmyip.org.
If you are still unable to connect after this, please test to see if you can access the same content using a different device. For example, try connecting through an Ethernet cable on a laptop.
Then, please send us the following information so that we can troubleshoot further:
- Your IP Address with Hotspot Shield both connected and disconnected
- A screenshot of the error message.
For assistance, see How To Take A Screenshot.
You can contact Hotspot Shield Customer support by filling out this form.
Please be aware that most issues accessing streaming and social media websites are temporary.