Issue: I'm trying to watch Amazon Prime Video, but the website or application knows that I'm using a VPN.
How to watch Amazon Prime Video with Hotspot Shield
First, please make sure of the following:
- The Amazon Prime Video and virtual location must match. Make sure to select the US as a virtual location.
- Your internet connection is fast enough to stream video. (Streams require a 3 Mbps connection for one standard-quality stream and 5 Mbps for one high-definition stream.)
- You are logged into a Premium Hotspot Shield account.
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers.)
Clear your browser's cookies and cache.
After rebooting, please try to access Amazon Prime Video again.
- Reconnect to Hotspot Shield and log into your account.
- Ensure the app says “Premium” and not “Basic."
- Change to a United States virtual location and try accessing your content again.
Please do not go back to Amazon Prime Video without Hotspot Shield turned on. This will ensure that your real IP address will not be saved.
Because IP addresses are randomly assigned through our servers, another potential workaround is to disconnect and reconnect until you acquire a different IP range. You can check your IP address at http://www.whatsmyip.org.
If you are still unable to connect after this, please test to see if you can access the same content using a different device. For example, try connecting through a mobile device.
Then, please send us the following information so that we can troubleshoot further:
- Your IP Address with Hotspot Shield both connected and disconnected
- A screenshot of the error message.
For assistance, see How To Take A Screenshot.
Please be aware that most issues accessing streaming and social media websites are temporary.