To uninstall/install the application from scratch:
It's highly recommended that you clear the apps' cache and data prior to uninstalling the app as explained here. Afterwards, tap on the settings of your device > Select Apps (Application Manager) > All > tap on Betternet > tap on Uninstall.
NOTE: In some cases, you may find that the "Uninstall button" is greyed out.
Sometimes some applications have more privileges than a normal app would have. Therefore you will need to delete Hotspot Shield from your Android device:
- Go to the General Settings of your device and look for Security.
- Tap on Phone Administrator (on some devices, this is called Device Administrators)
- Uncheck Hotspot Shield
- The Uninstall button will now be enabled and Hotspot Shield can be uninstalled as explained above.
Installing Hotspot Shield:
- On your Android, launch Google Play > Search for Hotspot Shield
- Tap the Hotspot Shield app and tap Install
- Then tap Accept for the Terms and Conditions and launch Hotspot Shield
- Tap Next and select the checkbox for "I trust this application" and then tap OK.