You may get this error in these situations:
- When your device is not connected to the internet
- When the communication with the server fails
- When there is a country block.
Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- You are connected to the internet via WiFi or mobile data network
- A 3rd party app is not interfering with Internet Settings 'For example, a Firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application.'
- You are running iOS 10 or above
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
- Turn Hotspot Shield ON
- Switch Airplane Mode ON and OFF
- Turn Hotspot Shield OFF, wait few seconds then turn it back ON
- Reinstall Hotspot Shield Profile by going to Settings > Re-install VPN Profile
- Connect to a different network (for example, if you were connected to WiFi, try connecting to your mobile data network or another WiFi)
- Open Hotspot Shield > Turn Hotspot Shield ON