Something is preventing the client to be able to validate the server certificate.
Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- You are connected to the internet via WiFi or mobile data network
- Your device is not jailbroken
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any 3rd party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application or an antivirus.
- You are running iOS 10 or above
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
- Turn Hotspot Shield ON
- Switch Airplane Mode ON and OFF
- Reinstall Hotspot Shield Profile
- In the Hotspot Shield app, tap Settings > Re-install Profile
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install a new profile
- In the app, turn Hotspot Shield ON