Issue: I'm a paid, Premium user but my iOS application thinks I need to pay again. I already purchased a Premium subscription through the App Store.
Why this happens: Sometimes the iOS app needs to be reconnected with your purchase so that all of your Premium features are available. This is done by using the app's Restore Purchases feature.
Note: This will only work when you purchased the app directly from the App Store.
How to restore your Premium subscription through the App Store.
Before restoring your purchase, please make sure of the following:
- You are signed in with the Apple ID that you used to purchase Hotspot Shield.
- You have the latest version of Hotspot Shield that's currently available in the iOS App Store.
- Sign in to your Premium account in the Hotspot Shield app.
If you see Account Basic, please continue with the steps below to restore your purchase
To restore a purchased Premium subscription:
- Please make sure you are signed in to the App Store using the Apple ID that you used to purchase Premium.
- Check your purchase history to make sure it wasn't purchased under another Apple ID.
- In the Hotspot Shield app, tap the Account Tab on the bottom to access your Settings Tab.
- Tap Restore Purchase.
- Sign in to the App Store with your Apple ID password and click OK.
- Click OK to confirm.