Issue: I'm a paid, Premium user but my iOS application thinks I need to pay again. I already purchased a Premium subscription in iTunes.
Why This Happens: Sometimes the iOS app needs to be reconnected with your purchase so that all of your Premium features are available. This is done by using the app's Restore Purchases feature.
Note: This will only work when you purchased the app directly from the App Store.
How To Restore Your Premium Subscription in iTunes
Before restoring your purchase, please make sure of the following:
- You are signed in to the App Store using the Apple ID that you used to purchase Premium.
- You have the latest version of Hotspot Shield that's currently available in the iOS App Store.
- Sign in to your Premium account in the Hotspot Shield app.
Please make sure under the Account Tab in the bottom right you are not seeing "Upgrade Basic"
If you see Upgrade Basic, please tap the arrow to the right of Basic to sign in
To restore a purchased Premium subscription:
- Please make sure you are signed in to the App Store using the Apple ID that you used to purchase Premium.
- Check your purchase history if it is possible it was purchased under another Apple ID.
- In the app, tap the Account Tab on the bottom to access your Settings Tab.
- Tap Restore Purchase.
- Sign in to iTunes Store with your Apple ID password and click OK.
- Click OK to confirm.