Issue: I can't connect to Hotspot Shield on my iPad, iPhone, or iOS device.
How to connect to Hotspot Shield on iOS
Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- You have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
- You are connected to the internet via WiFi or mobile data network
- Your device is not jailbroken
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any 3rd party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application or an antivirus.
- You are running iOS 10.1 or above
Next, follow the steps below:
- Turn on Hotspot Shield
- Switch Airplane Mode ON and OFF
- Reinstall the Hotspot Shield Profile
- In the Hotspot Shield app, tap Settings > Re-install Profile
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install a new profile
- In the app, turn on Hotspot Shield