Windows Phone Guide
Connecting for the first time
When you connect Hotspot Shield for the first time, you'll be asked to install a VPN certificate. The certificate authenticates your identity, and is used to establish and secure the VPN connection.
To install the VPN certificate and connect for the first time:
- Tap the Red Shield button.
- Tap ok in the "Certificate" dialog box.
- On the "Install certificate?" screen, you'll be asked to enter a password. Leave the password field blank and tap done.
- Tap install to begin installing the certificate.
- Once your certificate is installed, tap ok.
- On the next screen, enter your Windows account credentials, and then tap save.
Connecting Hotspot Shield
When you connect Hotspot Shield, you'll be asked to choose a certificate.
To connect Hotspot Shield:
- Open the Hotspot Shield app, and tap Microsoft connect.
- Tap "choose a certificate" field.
- Select any of your certificates.
- Tap connect.
- Enter your Windows account credentials and tap save.
- Tap Microsoft connect. Once connected, all your traffic is secured.