If you tried to access blocked or geo-restricted content while Hotspot Shield protection was OFF, location data may have already been stored on your device. This data may be stored as browser cookies or app data.
Follow the steps below for your device to remove this data.
For Android devices
To clear app data:
- Go to device Settings (or System Settings).
- Tap Application Manager (or Apps).
- Tap the app that you use to access content. For example, Dolphin (browser), Netflix, BBC iPlayer, etc...
- In the "App info" screen, tap Clear data.
For iOS devices
To clear Safari browsing data:
- Open Settings.
- Find and tap Safari.
- Scroll to the bottom and tap Clear History and Website Data.
- Then tap Clear or Clear History and Data to confirm.
To clear data for a specific app, you will need to delete and reinstall it.