Android v3.x Start Guide
To view General settings, tap Shield > General Settings.
To enable a setting, just tap the checkbox. A check indicates the setting is enabled.
Start on boot
Select to launch Hotspot Shield automatically after Android boots up. Hotspot Shield will not automatically connect because Android security protocols require you to trust the application before it connects.
Turn off VPN while sleep
Select to turn off VPN when your Android is in Sleep mode. Turn off VPN during Sleep mode to save battery life. Keep VPN on during Sleep mode to protect your data if any is sent during Sleep mode.
Select to be notified when you connect to an unsafe network.
Selected Sites Settings
The Selected Sites settings are for Hotspot Shield’s Selected Sites Protection Mode. Here you can select which websites to protect and on which Virtual Location to protect them on.
To view Selected Sites settings, tap Shield > Selected Sites.
The Selected Sites screen displays the domains that are protected for each Virtual Location. Each Virtual Location has its own set of default domains. The protection for these default domains can be turned on and off.
You can add custom domains under each Virtual Location. Once added, custom domains are always protected. To stop protection of a custom domain, you must remove it.
To select a Virtual Location and view its domains:
- Tap the Virtual Location bar.
- Select the Virtual Location of the domains you want to manage.
- Tap < Virtual Location to see the Virtual Locations domains.
Changing protection for default domains
- Select the default domain’s checkbox to protect it.
- Deselect the default domain’s checkbox to not protect it.
To add a custom domain:
- Enter the domain name in the bottom text field. For example, “yahoo.com”.
- Then tap to add the domain.
To remove a custom domain, tap next to the custom domain you want to remove.
Smart Mode Settings
The Hotspots and Networks settings are for Hotspot Shield’s Smart Protection Mode. Here you can select which protection mode to use for each type of network: Unsafe, Safe, and Other. Learn more about these network types
Custom networks is a list of networks you’ve connected to. You can set the protection mode to use for each of these networks.
To view Smart Mode settings, tap Shield > Smart Mode Settings.
To change the default settings of a network type:
- Tap a network type to view its settings: Unsafe Wi-Fi hotspots, Safe Wi-Fi hotspots, Mobile networks, Other networks, or a custom network.
- Select the protection mode to use: FULL, SELECTED SITES, or OFF.
- Tap < Smart protection to return to Hotspots & Networks screen.