If you’re having trouble downloading and installing Hotspot Shield from the Google Play Store, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll provide you with the APK file.
Before installing the APK file that we provided you, check that the security settings on your Android allows applications to be installed from unknown sources.
To allow installs from unknown sources, on your Android device:
- Go to device Settings > More > Security.
- Scroll down to the “Device administration” section, and make sure Unknown sources is checked. You can now install the APK file we sent to you.
Remember to uncheck Unknown sources after you have finished installing Hotspot Shield.
To install the APK file, on your Android device:
- Go to the directory where you copied or downloaded the APK file.
Normally, it’s stored in the “Downloads” folder.
- Tap the APK icon. An installation dialogue box will pop-up.
- Tap Install.
- Once the app is installed, tap Open to launch Hotspot Shield.