Mac DMG Start Guide
By default, the United States Virtual Location is selected. It's the only Virtual Location Free users can connect to. Premium users can choose and switch between Virtual Locations. If you purchased an Premium subscription, make sure you are signed in to your Premium account to enable all Premium benefits.
Turning Protection On
Before changing Virtual Locations, make sure Hotspot Shield Protection is ON.
When Protection is ON:
- A GREEN Shield icon is displayed in your Mac's menu bar
- The Hotspot Shield window will display "Protected"
When Protection is OFF:
- A RED Shield icon is displayed in your Mac's menu bar
- The Hotspot Shield window will display "Unprotected"
Changing Virtual Locations
To change your Virtual Location:
- In the app, click the Virtual Location drop-down menu and select your desired Virtual Location.
- Wait for Hotspot Shield to connect.
Unlock Hotspot Shield Premium features
If you see the screen below, make sure you are signed in to your Premium account.
To sign in to your Premium account, click Continue with Free and then click the Sign In button at the top-right. View details on signing in