Connection is intermittent in countries where Internet Service Providers (ISP) and Governments' block VPN services.
Current countries known to block VPN services:
- Saudi Arabia (Most issues are on mobile Android and iOS platforms)
- UAE (Most issues are on mobile Android and iOS platforms)
Some devices still work in blocked countries. If one of your devices does not work, try to use another device on a different platform. For example, if your Android phone does not work, try to use Hotspot Shield on a Windows or Mac machine and vice-versa.
Connection issues can vary by platform because they use different servers to establish a connection.
While our Engineering Team works to improve Hotspot Shield connectivity in your country, please make sure you are running our latest Hotspot Shield versions:
If after installing the latest version of Hotspot Shield you are still having connection problems, please contact our Support Team by filling out this form and let us know the following:
- The device you are using
- The Operating System you are running
- The version of Hotspot Shield you are using
- The country where you are located
- Are you using WiFi, Ethernet or Mobile data?
- Please provide us with your ISP