When Hotspot Shield is active it changes your internet settings so that it can connect to our servers and allow our users to access their favourite websites and protect their devices from cyber crimes in public places.
At times, when HSS gets turned off, those settings will not be switched back to its normal state and users may experience a hard time browsing the web.
In order to troubleshoot this issue, you will need to manually go and change the internet settings.
To do this we need to navigate to the Internet Options. There are a few ways of doing so depending on your Windows version but there is one method that will work for most Windows distributions.
- Press the Windows key.
- Enter "Internet Options" and then press Enter.
Now that you have the Internet Options open, you can configure the LAN Settings.
- Locate and click the Connections tab.
- Click LAN Settings.
- Select the "Automatically detect settings" checkbox.
- Deselect all other checkboxes.
- Click OK to save the changes you've made to the LAN Settings.
- Click OK to save the overall settings.
Now that the settings are properly configured you should be able to connect to the web with no further issues.