Issue: I'm trying to watch Netflix on my iPhone or iPad, but the website or application knows that I'm using a VPN.
How To Watch Netflix on iOS Using Hotspot Shield
First, please make sure of the following:
1. You are logged into your paid, Premium subscription so that you can change your Virtual Location.
2. You are watching United States Netflix and Hotspot Shield is connected to the United States.
3. Your internet connection is fast enough to stream video.
4. You have turned off Location Services on your iOS mobile device.
If you are watching through the Netflix app, please delete your app data.
If you are using Chrome, please clear your browser's data using the links or steps below.
- At the top right of your Chrome browser, click “More Tools” and then “Clear Browsing Data.”
- Select "All Time."
- Check the boxes next to "Cookies and Other Site Data" and "Cached Images and Files."
- Click “Clear Data.”
- Restart your device
After rebooting, please try to access Netflix again.
- Reconnect to Hotspot Shield and log into your account.
- Ensure the app says “Premium” and not “Free."
- Change to a United States Virtual Location and try accessing your content again.
Please do not go back to Netflix without Hotspot Shield turned on. This will ensure that your real IP address will not be saved.
Because IP addresses are randomly assigned through our servers, another potential workaround is to disconnect and reconnect to until you acquire a different IP range. You can check your IP address at http://www.whatsmyip.org.
If you are still unable to connect after this, please test to see if you can access the same content using a different device. For example, try connecting through an Ethernet cable on a laptop.
Then, please send us the following information so that we can troubleshoot further:
- Your IP Address with Hotspot Shield both connected and disconnected
- A screenshot of the error message.
For assistance, see How To Take A Screenshot.
Please be aware that any issue accessing streaming and social media websites using Hotspot Shield is temporary.
You can contact Hotspot Shield Customer support by filling out this form.