Issue: I'm trying to connect to an app like WhatsApp or Skype on my mobile device but it won't let me access the app.
How To Access Applications Using Hotspot Shield
First, please make sure of the following:
1. You are logged into your paid, Premium subscription so that you can change your Virtual Location.
2. Your application does not require you to be signed into an account which was registered from another country.
3. Your internet connection is fast enough to stream video.
4. You have turned off Location Services on your mobile device, as follows:
- For Android, go to SETTINGS>LOCATION on your phone and toggle the location switch to OFF.
- For iPhones and iPads, see: How to Turn off Location Services On iOS
Next. uninstall and reinstall the app. Then delete your app data as follows:
Please do not open the app without Hotspot Shield turned on. This will ensure that your real IP address will not be saved.
Because IP addresses are randomly assigned through our servers, another workaround is to disconnect and reconnect to until you acquire a different IP range. You can check your IP Address at http://www.whatsmyip.org.
If you are still unable to connect after this, please send us the following information so that we can troubleshoot further:
- The name of the app.
- Your mobile data provider or ISP.
- Your IP Address with Hotspot Shield both connected and disconnected
- A screenshot of the error message.
You can contact Hotspot Shield Customer support by filling out this form.
For More Information, Please See:
Cannot Access News Website