Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- A 3rd party app is not interfering with Internet Settings (For example, a firewall with strict settings or another VPN application)
If you cannot connect to a virtual location, turn off Hotspot Shield and access your favorite site in your browser to verify that you have an Internet connection.
Check if you’re signed in to your Premium account. To do this, open the app, select the icon on the left-hand side of the screen and check that you are logged in and it's a premium account.
If the above has been verified, please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Change the virtual location to check if this issue is with one virtual location or all virtual locations
- Disconnect Hotspot Shield for a few seconds then reconnect (This will allow Hotspot Shield to look for the best server to help you connect)
If after following the previous steps you are still having issues, please contact our support by filling out this form and provide us with:
- Description of the problem
- Your location
- The virtual location
- Do other virtual locations work?