This error message usually displays due to changes in some factors such as the server, country, or when the internet connection is slow or off.
You will also get this error while trying to connect from the device Settings. Please connect\disconnect Hotspot Shield from the app as it will not allow you to control it from Settings.
If you continue experiencing the error:
- Try to reinstall the app's profile, it should fix the issue;
- From System Preferences > Network> select Hotspot Shield VPN profile.
- Click on the minus "-" sign at the bottom to remove the profile. Click Apply to save changes
If the steps above don't work and you are located in any of the following countries: Pakistan, Iran, Oman, Qatar, China, UAE, Saudi Arabia
- Contact support by clicking settings > help from the app
- Provide a description of the issue and a screenshot (If possible)