First, please make sure the following is true:
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any 3rd party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application or an antivirus.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app (some older versions will have trouble connecting to our new servers)
The following steps will have you delete the profile and reinstall Hotspot Shield.
- Quit Hotspot Shield
- Click on Settings in the app > Quit Hotspot Shield
2. Locate Hotspot Shield in Finder and then drag and drop it into Trash.
3. From System Preferences > Network> select Hotspot Shield VPN profile
- Click on the minus "-" sign at the bottom to remove the profile. Click on Apply to save changes.
4. Reinstall Hotspot Shield from App Store and follow the steps to complete profile installation.
5. Reestablish connection to the VPN. You should now be able to access the internet.