Before troubleshooting, please make sure:
- You are connected to the internet via WiFi or LAN
- To isolate the cause, temporarily disable any 3rd party app that may interfere with your connection. For example, a firewall with strict settings, or another VPN application or an antivirus.
- You have tried connecting to a different Network such as LAN or another Wi-Fi.
- Turn Hotspot Shield ON
- Switch wifi ON and OFF
- Delete the Hotspot Shield profile through System Preferences.
- Click on System Preferences >> click on Network >> select Hotspot Shield >> click the minus symbol ‘-’ at the bottom of the network>> click on Apply.
- Re-enable the profile by allowing VPN configurations once you retest the connection.