If you're experiencing connection issues on your Android device, make sure the following is true:
- Your Android OS is 4.x or later
- You do not have another 3rd party software installed that can interfere with Internet Settings, such as a sensitive Firewall, another VPN app or a battery management/screen dimming app
- You have updated to the latest Hotspot Shield version from the Play Store
If all the above is true and you have trouble connecting, please try the following:
- If you cannot connect after an update:
- Please Reboot your device and grant VPN Permissions when the dialogue appears. (Note: You will need to grant permissions everytime you reboot your device).
- Change WiFi settings
Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced > uncheck Avoid poor connection (option available on some devices)
- Clear Hotspot Shield cache
Go to Settings > Manage Apps > Hotspot Shield. In the App info screen, tap Clear data.You will need to sign back into your Premium account. In the app,
tap Shield icon > Sign In > enter your Premium credentials and tap Sign In.
- Reboot your phone and try to connect again.
Go to Settings > Wi-Fi > uncheck Smart network switch. Then try to connect with Hotspot Shield.
If you continue to experience connection issues, please submit a ticket.