Issue: My iOS device needs my fingerprint to install the Hotspot Shield profile, but my fingerprint scanner doesn't work.
Why This Happens: There is a problem with the iPhone itself. To finish installing Hotspot Shield, turn off the Touch ID settings in your device (then contact an iOS specialist to fix your fingerprint sensor).
How To Turn Off Touch ID on your iOS Device
- Open your iOS settings.
- Tap on Touch ID & Passcode.
- Enter your passcode when prompted.
- Switch the following to OFF: iPhone/iPad Unlock, Apple Pay, or iTunes and App Store.
- Delete all saved fingerprints.
- Go to Settings>General and install any pending iOS updates.
- Reinstall Hotspot Shield.
- Reboot your device.
After your device reboots, a message should pop-up stating that Touch ID could not be activated, tap OK and try to reinstall the HSS profile again.
If Touch ID has been deactivated, you will be asked to enter the pin code instead of the Touch ID.